Monday, October 3, 2011

Peanut butter, banana, oat meal cookies



My Dad found a recipe from  http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/banana-oatmeal-cookie/detail.aspx      which he printed out for me. Instead of using shortening I used Peanut butter so I had to use a little bit more flour  since peanut butter is a bit more liquidy than shortening. I never like to mash bananas, because I would make banana bread with my Dad and so I would always be the one to mash the bananas. I would go really slow because you can't have any chunks in it so I would go slow so I would get all the chunks out, but I would also have to do it pretty fast  though. So I would either go fast and leave some chunks or I would go slow and leave no chunks. One day my Dad told me if you just go one way and then the other way, with the fork two different directions, it works a lot better. I really love the taste of them and I had a blast making them. You really should try it there not just fun to make but also super good tasting. They are a good way to use old bananas instead of banana bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment